Personal data protection charter
When you interact with companies in the American Vintage Group (hereinafter together referred to as “American Vintage”) and/or browse the “ www.americanvintage-store.com” website (hereinafter the “Website”), you may communicate your personal data (hereinafter “Data”). We therefore invite you to carefully read this personal data protection charter policy.
American Vintage complies with legislation concerning the personal data protection charter and particularly the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016-679 of 16 April 2016 (GDPR), and Act 78-17 of 6 January 1978 (French Data Protection Act) as amended by Act 2018-493 of 20 June 2018 (LIL3) and its implementing decree, and Order 2018-1125 of 12 December 2018.
You are therefore informed that:
The controller is Aaron, a private limited company (Société à responsabilité limitée under French law) with a share capital of €150,000, registered on the Register of Commerce of Toulon under number 439.224.544. Registered office: Parc d’activités Allée de Stockholm, 83870 Signes, France – Tel.: +33(0)4.98.07.00.20 – E-mail: email@example.com.
1 - Data collection conditions
American Vintage may collect your personal Data, particularly in the following cases:
- When you make a purchase or fill out information through forms on our Website, our documents or information that you provide at the cash register when you make a purchase in our stores particularly via our IT supports,
- When you communicate with our teams or subscribe to our Newsletter on our website,
- When you participate in contests on social media or in our stores.
Data required for processing is identified with an “*” on the collection form. If you do not enter Data identified with an *, it may limit your access to certain American Vintage services or products, or other functions available on our Website.
In order to get to know you better and provide tailored service, the data we collect includes your contact details (e.g. surname, first name, address, telephone number and personal e-mail address), your preferences and wishes. Images of you may also be collected in our stores equipped with video surveillance systems.
2 - Purposes of data processing
Data is collected for the following purposes:
- Sales relationship management: orders, deliveries, invoices, accounting, complaint management, after-sales service, delinquency management,
Customer relationship management: satisfaction surveys, sales statistics, loyalty programmes and sales prospecting,
- To enable you to access and use your “MY ACCOUNT” space on the Website,
- To contact you for information or marketing purposes, to provide you with information and offers from our group, about its products and activities, to manage your subscription to our online newsletter (signup and cancellation).
Date of birth, title, contact details and transactional data is subject to automated decision-making (profiling) in order to create better content for newsletters that may be sent to you, to carry out purchasing behaviour analysis and provide you with online advertising tailored to your interests. American Vintage uses customer relationship management (CRM) software to cross-check and process Data in order to provide offers based on your personal Data and analyse your user behaviour and purchasing preferences and interests.
The legal basis for processing is as follows:
- To fulfil a contract with you or to fulfil precontractual measures, in particular for sales relationship management,
- To comply with legal and/or regulatory obligations as required, in particular to fight fraud and money laundering,
- Legitimate interest, particularly for customer relationship management and use of your personal account, justified by the need to answer your questions, process your requests, communicate useful information to you, and out of the commercial interest of the American Vintage group to offer products and services tailored to your expectations. For stores with video surveillance systems, out of a legitimate interest to protect the safety of individuals and American Vintage premises and property,
- Your consent, particularly for sales or marketing purposes (including profiling). You may refuse or withdraw your consent at any time without undermining the lawfulness of processing based on consent given before being withdrawn. To withdraw your consent, you can exercise your rights under the conditions defined in Article 7 of this policy.
3 - Who uses your Data
The Data that American Vintage collects is under no circumstances transferred, sold, leased to or exchanged with third parties. However, Data may be disclosed in accordance with legislation, regulations or by virtue of a decision of a competent regulatory or judicial authority or, if necessary, to preserve the rights or interests of American Vintage in a court of law.
Access to your personal data within the American Vintage group is strictly limited to people required to process it for the abovementioned purposes. The recipients of Data are, within the limits of their respective duties:
- American Vintage employees or staff required to access your Data in order to process it, and in particular members of the American Vintage communication and marketing teams, the IT and logistics teams, the administrative and sales team, and,
- External service providers mandated by American Vintage who are required to access your Data in order to process it (in particular IT, accounting and logistics service providers),
- Affiliated merchants who operate stores under the “American Vintage” name.
Data is stored and processed within the European Union.
4 - Length of conservation of your data
Your Data is stored and retained for as long as required for the purposes for which it was collected. The duration therefore varies depending on the purpose of processing and statutory limitations in force. The primary durations are as follows: - For managing your subscription to our online newsletter: your Data is kept as long as your subscription is active and deleted as soon as it is deactivated,
- For order placed on the Website: your Data is kept for a maximum of 10 years, in order to comply with sales and accounting obligations,
- For Data collected for sales prospecting purposes: your Data is kept for a maximum of 3 years from the end our sales relationship with you (i.e. after a purchase or after your last contact with us).
5 - Data security and privacy
The American Vintage group makes every effort to implement technical and organisational security measures to protect the confidentiality of your processed Data and prevent it from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
The American Vintage group contractually requires that its partners implement suitable technical and organisational measures in order to maintain a level of security adapted to the risk and to meet regulatory requirements regarding personal data protection.
6 - Cookies
7 - Your Data Protection Rights and Freedoms
With regard to your personal data, you have a right of access, a right to rectification, a right to erasure, a right to object, a right to restriction of processing, a right to data portability and a right to object to automated individual decision-making, including profiling. To exercise these rights, you can simply send a letter or e-mail to the controller at:
By post: Société Aaron – Protection des Données, Direction Juridique, Parc d’activités Allée de Stockholm à Signes (83870) - France
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Furthermore, you may ask to stop receiving communications about our offers, products, events and our newsletter at any time, by using the unsubscribe link included in each message we send you.
In accordance with Article L.223-1 of the French Consumer Code, regardless of your relationship with American Vintage and in general, you also have the right to register free of charge on a Do Not Call Registry to stop receiving telemarketing calls.
In the event of a dispute concerning the processing of your personal data, you can submit a complaint to the supervisory authority in your country, which in France is the CNIL (https://www.cnil.fr) sise 3, Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715, Paris (75334) Cédex 7.
8 - Amendment of our Charter
American Vintage may change this Policy, therefore, please consult this page regularly. We may also inform you of changes via special notice on our Website or personalised notifications, including when we send you our online newsletter.